Monday, March 19, 2012

Album Review: Other Lives - Tamer Animals (2011)



I am one of thousands of Other Lives band since my fave hit 'Black Table', I own their 2009 eponymous album. This new release (not really new actually, released in UK August 2011) sounded almost too commercial it closely resembles The Black Keys. Music styles sorta Arcade Fire-ish. 

Seriously if it wasn't for strum of various acoustic strings, I can actually bought it that they are indeed the latter. Most likely because vocally Jesse Tabish (of Other Lives) and Dan Auerbach (of The Black Keys) are almost indistinguishable except Auerbach has a hint of falsetto in his. Now if you put Chris Cornell (of Audioslaves) into this picture, it'll all sound confusing.


But this album is flooded with excellent composition nonetheless. My favorite is 'Dust Bowl III' and 'For 12', I need to frequent this album to get a hang of it.






THE TRACKLIST:

  • Dark Horse
  • As I Lay My Head Down
  • For 12
  • Tamer Animals
  • Dust Bowl III
  • Weather
  • Old Statues
  • Woodwind
  • Desert
  • Landforms
  • Heading East

No comments: